Fly through the air and collect rings in this unique adventure. You must guide your balloon by using air to thrust about, avoiding balloon-popping hazards and bullying balloons. This game is sure to make your whole family smile and laugh.
The game is specifically designed to accommodate players of all skill levels from inexperienced to seasoned, and all age groups from preschool up. Small children and inexperienced gamers will find sufficient challenge in reaching the goal on each level, while older children and seasoned gamers are challenged to find and collect all rings and build their score multiplier.
Thrust or Bust offers the following features:
- Eight full pre-designed levels to challenge your inner balloon.
- Four zany bonus levels.
- Seven different level themes for your enjoyment.
- Many different enemies and hazards, several exclusive to Challenge Edition.
- 5 different trophies to earn on each regular and bonus level.
- 72 achievements to unlock.
- Campaign Score Leaderboards – Compare your overall score to the best scores out there.
- Unlock your favorite color of balloon.
- Neon powerups to light your way through dark areas.
- Catchy soundtrack includes techno, jazz, and reggae beats.
What people all over the world are saying about Thrust or Bust:
- “This was really fun. Love the way it looks… sound was very fitting too, nicely done.” from Canada
- “Very cool!” from Mexico
- “I love the way it feels when my balloon is being chased by a few other ones and we’re all balloon-farting all over the place.” from USA
- “Really really great” from France
- “Looks awesome, nice consistent art style.” from UK
(warning – contains flying text and techno beats =P )
- Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6 or newer
- Unity Web Player 4.x
- A relatively recent graphics card (less than 5 years old) capable of programmable shader support. PCI-Express graphics card recommended. Works on my oldest box which has ATI X300 graphics.
- 1.5Mbps internet download speed or better recommended for faster load times
- Approx. Download Size: 10.5 MB (+Unity Web Player version 4.x, if not already installed)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB+ recommended)
- Sound card
- Gamepad/joystick supported
- Suitable for the entire family. Your kids will love it.
- Contains cartoon violence and comic mischief.
- Version 18.104.22.168 – March 3, 2012
- The browser-based Web Edition and the Windows-based Challenge Edition have been combined into one browser-based game with two game modes. Normal Mode corresponds with Challenge Edition, and Arcade Mode corresponds with Web Edition.
- The ability to create multiple player profiles has been disabled. There is now a single player profile consistent with how most web-based games work.
- Added ability to clear game progress.
- Added ability to mute sound or control volume. Use M to mute sound, and use [ and ] to control volume.
- Added streaming download support. Play on earlier levels of the game can begin while the game is still being downloaded. Overall download progress is shown in the lower-left in all menu screens. Download progress necessary to go to next screen is shown if next screen has not yet finished downloading.
- High Score Service has been replaced by integration with the Kongregate Statistics API. Several high score categories are now tracked and available for view.
- Abbreviated, removed, or swapped out musical pieces and re-encoded at 48kbps to provide smaller download.
- Upgraded project to Unity 3.3
- All custom shaders re-written.
- Version 22.214.171.124 – November 12, 2011
- Added visual indicators for multiplier increases and decreases.
- Improved Gamepad support.
- Fix glitch that occurs when exceeding maximum air while invincible.
- Version 126.96.36.199 – November 5, 2011
- Removed licensing requirement.
- Version 188.8.131.52 – November 13, 2010
- Initial Release.