Project Status: On Indefinite Hold
Note from Duke: This project was a trap that many novice game developers fall into. The scope of this game is just too big for a one-person project. At the very least, I need an artist, and probably a second developer and designer besides. I am still interested in making this game a reality, and I have a solid base for it, it will just have to come later in my career. For now, as a one man shop, I need to focus on smaller projects that can be completed at a rate of several per year.
Dungeon’s Fortune is planned as an episodic fantasy role playing game about fortune telling, overcoming oppression, and love. It will feature pseudo-gypsy lore, tactical combat and voxel-based maps.
As of now, the first episode is planned to be released as a free, browser-based game. The first episode will contain most of the major features intended to be in the game.
(Forecasted requirements, subject to change)
- Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6 or newer
- Unity Web Player 4.x
- A relatively recent PCI-Express graphics card (less than 5 years old) capable of programmable shader support.
- 3.0Mbps internet download speed or better recommended for faster load times.
- Approx. Download Size: 75 MB (+Unity Web Player, if not already installed)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB+ recommended)
- Sound card
- Gamepad/joystick supported
- Dungeon’s Fortune promotes a theme of overcoming oppression in the face of adversity.
- Contains fantasy violence.
- No public releases as yet.