Today I put the last of the finishing touches on Breaking Block, ensured one last time that everything is in good working order on both platforms, and submitted to the Appstore for approval. I’m actually a couple of days late with this, so I’m hoping that since this is my third Appstore game, the approval process will be quick. The Android side of things is all ready to go.
Now, I am at a crossroads. There are several viable projects that I could choose take up next. I still have more ideas for mobile games, however, Steam has also caught my attention and I have a couple of game ideas that would work really well there. Whichever way I go, I’d like to have something to show in time for OGDE in October.
Here is my short list of potential projects, in no particular order:
- A 2.5D, tiled 3rd-person puzzle game for mobile platforms
- A vocabulary/word puzzle game for mobile platforms
- A tycoon-style sim/builder for Steam/PC (including Steam Early Access)
- Dungeon’s Fortune – An episodic JRPG for Steam/PC with procedurally generated dungeons
- Dehoarder 2 – First person decluttering mayhem (Yes, I’ve noticed that y’all are still talking about the original game!)
As you can see, this is enough work to keep me busy for at least the next 3 years. If you have any thoughts as to which project I should work on next, please let me know! I’ll be deciding in the next couple of weeks.